Pages

Monday 28 March 2011

Sailing in the Southland Champs

Hey everybody.  On the 12th of March, to the 13th of March I Went to the Southland Champs for sailing in Te Anau.  Oh, by the way, I sail my boat every Wednesday at bluff in the summers.  I've been sailing for about 2 years now. I'm in a boat  called an optimist and I was sailing in my optimist at the Southland Champs.  I was also in the Green Fleet which is the junior group of optimist sailers.  It was really good fun.  Finally it was over and it was time for the prize giving.  "First up we have the optimist" said the man.  "Third place is no name".  "Second place is no name".  "And First place is Timothy smith".  Yaaay. I was so pleased with myself.  I went up to receive my Trophy.  It was a big shield.  They put my name on it and I took it home.  Then I hung it up on my bedroom wall.  But since I won the green fleet it means that next season I have to be in the open fleet which is the senior group of optimist sailers.  Most of them have been sailing for about 5 or 6 years so this will be more challenging for me.  But I think thats good to have more of a challenge.  Thanks for reading.  By Tim

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What a success and achievement Tim! You should feel very proud of your hard work, persistence and great attitude.
    I love the information on here - you've explained very clearly what you do.
    I really enjoyed the questions this morning that the children asked.
    Keep up the fantastic blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done tim you probably desserved it you must be so proud of yourself if I were you I would be well done great to see that you are shearing this with the rest of the world great work keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tim what is the hardest part about sailing? How many sailing competitions have you won? and by the congratulations. Kees

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tim that was a very cool post great one. OSCAR

    ReplyDelete