Pages

Tuesday 29 March 2011

Sailing in the Oyster Regatta

Hi guys.  Tim here again.  I've got some good news to tell you.  On the 26th of March, to the 27 of March, I went to another Sailing Regatta.  This time is was called the Oyster Regatta.  There were only two Optimists in this regatta but it was still good.  It was held in Bluff this time.  We headed out to the sea in our Optimists.  But we had to be towed out because there wasn't enough wind .  Then it was a disaster.  When the race started we were just drifting away from the start line.  There was no wind at all.  And we just stayed driffting till lunch time.  But we had to get towed in of course.  After lunch we headed back out.  Luckily the wind had picked up.  It was a good steady wind.  We fitted three races in.  They were all very close races and we had no idea who was in the lead.  Then at Seven Oclock the party started. There were people dancing, People chatting to each other and there were also alot of oysters.  They were raw too.  Dad said he will give me two dollars if I ate one.  So I did.  I chewed it and swallow it down.  It was disgusting but it was worth it.  The party was over and people were going to sleep.  Day one was over.  In the morning I got ready for day two.  The weather was horrible so sailing was cancelled.  We were just doing random stuff till lunch time like making card castles.  My sister made a huge one that was eight stories high.  Unfortunatly it collapsed on the last card she needed to put on.  Finally It was time for prize giving. First was the sunbursts, Then lasers, Then finally the optimists.  "Second Place is no name" said the man, "and first place is Tim Smith".  Yes.  Once again I have won another Regatta.  I won a new sailing beanie, a box of mnm's, and a bag of chocolate bars.  I was proud of myself that I had won another regatta.  And I had a great time too.  Seeya.

No comments:

Post a Comment